Monday, January 20, 2014

Follow Your Arrow KAL cast-on

Shttp://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/follow-your-arrow-mystery-kal

**SPOILER PIC AFTER THE JUMP**

Exciting times in the knit blogosphere (is "blogosphere" still a thing?).  It's been a while since the knitting community has clamored about one particular pattern at the same time.  There is a buzz in the air for sure.


Brooklyn Handspun (old school!) superwash sock yarn in, er, red and grey (have long ago lost the label for these)
I am a totally joiner when it comes to these things so it didn't take too long before I was going through my (very disorganized) stash to dig up a couple of skeins of sock yarn.  A couple of vintage skeins, in fact.  Miss you, Brooklyn Handspun.

I only allowed myself to join in on this knit-along as long as I didn't have to buy new yarn, so I have to admit that cardinal red and gray weren't my first choice when it comes to color combinations.  But!  After I finished knitting up the first clue these weekend, I have to say it's really grown on me.  I actually kinda, really love it.




Clue 1B

It has been great so far seeing all of the variations for the first clue on Ravelry and such.  And I already have the second clue ready and waiting for me in my inbox.  This KAL has been great in getting me motivated to pick up the needles.  I had forgotten how satisfying and fun knitting is.  It had been too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...