Friday, July 26, 2013

FO: Summer Flies shawl



Pattern: Summer Flies by Donna Griffin [Ravelry]

Yarn: Patons Silk Bamboo in Sea, 3 balls 

Needles: US 8 32 inch circulars

Recipient: Mother-in-law

Notes: This project was a delight.  I'm sort of sad that it's all over.  Rarely (for me) do the stars align so perfectly for me when knitting is involved.  Patons Silk Bamboo is a fantastic and under-appreciated yarn.  Feels great against the skin and has a lovely drape and sheen to it without being too heavy.  And it's not nearly as splity as a lot of other plant fiber yarns are.  It's also pretty cheap is you get a coupon from Jo-Anns.  And I bought just the right amount of yarn for once.

I got gauge the first try.  The pattern is so well written and clear, it was great it included a stitch count after every row so I can immediately find my place each and every time.  It is easy enough for it to be the perfect project to carry around but not too easy that it ever became boring. This took me a little over a week to knit.  I would have finished sooner if I didn't slack off on it last weekend.  It is surprising how quickly this knits up before your very eyes.


The lighting in the bedroom makes it look more teal than it actually is.
 My newly acquired mother-in-law lives in Atlanta so I wanted to knit her something that would be suitable and versatile for its weather.  Something that could be easily dressed up or down and not be too heavy or warm to wear in the southern climate throughout the year.  I think this may be the ticket.  *fingers crossed*   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...