I lose my glasses a lot. I need to wear my glasses constantly at this point in my life to go about my day but I find myself taking them quite often, mostly out of sheer vanity. I'll put them on top of my head, hook them on my shirt collar, thoughtlessly put them on down on some sort of flat surface and then lo and behold, I have no idea where they've gone to.
While doing some googling to find an easy remedy for this, I came across a picture from Louis Vuitton's 2010 resort collection.
I loved it! But what was it about this that made eyeglasses chains look fresh and current? It's the unexpected combination of the thick chain links, light colors, and thick rimmed glasses that makes it stray from the stuffy nuns and school marms eyeglass chains are normally associated with. The key is to make them stand out, not blend in.
I gathered up a couple of cheap chains I acquired for 50 cents at a thrift store and went about to replicate my own.
So with a pair of pliers I just joined the two necklaces together at the ends with some jump rings and then hooked said jump ring to the eyeglass holder. And voila! Really stinking cute and actually functional. Looking forward to digging up some vintage jewelry and making a few more.



No comments:
Post a Comment